The Center for Teaching and Learning enhances the University’s mission of teaching and learning excellence, provides enterprise level instructional technologies, and champions the advancement of scholarly teaching. Major priorities include:
- Providing professional development opportunities to ensure constructive and active learning environments.
- Leveraging the experience and wisdom of faculty leaders to promote teaching excellence.
- Encouraging innovative research and scholarly publication on teaching and learning.
- Identifying, developing, and sustaining enterprise level instructional technology systems.
- Collaborating with campus constituents to assess programs, tools, and services that support their teaching and learning needs.
- Contributing to the development of policies, initiatives, and campus-wide culture that supports excellence in teaching.
CTL is a department within Information and Technology Services and reports to the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, Mike Carlin, Ph.D.