Using Clickers at UNC Charlotte
We are excited to announce that the latest release of TurningPoint Cloud for Mac is compatible with Mac OS Sierra. This means that Mac users can now update to the latest version of Apple’s OS without affecting TurningPoint Cloud functionality. Visit here for information on how to update TurningPoint Cloud software.
Please contact Turning Technologies’ support team for any additional information at 866-746-3015 or contact Jessica Kapota (7-1846) or Bruce Richards (7-8105).
UNC Charlotte uses a single vendor, Turning Technologies, for its Response Card (or Clicker) technology. There is only one clicker that is supported on campus: The NXT Response Card from Turning Technologies.
Clickers enable you to involve and interact with an entire class, while capturing real-time assessment data. Clickers automate and streamline administrative tasks such as taking attendance, grading quizzes and tests, and tracking student and class performance. Data collected from the clickers can be easily integrated with Canvas grades.
It is important to emphasize that any instructor who wishes to use clickers is asked to schedule time for attending the Teaching with Clickers Workshop or a consulting session with a support person from the CTL for the purpose of learning how to use the Turning Technologies system. During training, instructors who wish to use Clickers in their class will receive a clicker and a USB receiver (for practice), and access to a Canvas site (Teaching with Clickers) from which they can learn how to create their TurningAccount License, get the TurningPoint Cloud software, receive support, view How-To guides, link to a student support page, and many additional resources. Instructors generally find these workshops as instructional opportunities to support their students.
- User Guides - for PC (This link goes to Turning Technologies' user guides. To find the appropriate resource, you must know the current version of hardware or software in use. As of August 2016, we are using Turning Point Cloud only with Canvas. In August 2016, TP Cloud software will be installed on all podium computers.
- User Guides - for Mac (TurningPoint Cloud)
- Additional resources are available through the Canvas course called, Teaching with Clickers. Note: Access to this site is gained through Teaching with Clickers training sessions.
Faculty Technical Support
For technical support issues inside of the classroom, please contact Classroom Support using the call button on the intercom. For problems related to Clicker data in Canvas, please contact the IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500.
- Clickers & Academic Integrity
- How to Register a Clicker in Canvas
- TP Account Cost & Clicker Integration Guide
- Responding to a PowerPoint Polling with your NXT Device
- Using your NXT Card (Clicker device)
- How to take a test using Clickers
- How do I know if my clicker requires a firmware update?
Student Technical Support
For technical support issues regarding the device outside of the classroom, please contact Turning Technologies' technical support at 1-866-746-3015. For technical support issues inside of the classroom, please contact Classroom Support using the call button on the intercom. For problems registering the device in Canvas, please contact the IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500 or Walk-up Support at the IT Service Desk – Atkins 140C.