When you are ready to upload your quiz from Respondus into your Moodle course you will need to publish the quiz using the Publish Wizard. This tutorial is written as if this is the first time you are uploading a quiz and you need to add a new server.
Step 1: Access the Preview & Publish Tab
- On the Start tab, in the "Current Personality" drop-down list, select Moodle (not illustrated).
- At the top of the screen, click the Preview & Publish tab. The Preview & Publish screen is displayed. The Preview information is active.
Step 2: The Publish Screen
- On the left, click the Publish to Moodle link. The Publish to Moodle screen will be displayed.
Step 3: Start the Process
- Click Publish Wizard to start the upload process.
Step 4: The Publish Wizard Dialog Box
- In the "1. Type of Publish - Local File, Single Course, or Batch Publishing" area, choose the type of upload you want to perform. In this example, we are keeping the default of Publish to single course.
- If you have not designated a server, you must do so before proceeding. In the "Moodle Server:" drop-down list, select -add new server-. The Add New Server Settings dialog box is displayed.
Step 5: Select Server Settings
- Select No, I want to enter the server Settings manually.
- Click Next. The Moodle Server Information dialog box is displayed.
Step 6: Set up the Server
- Log into Moodle and access a course.
NOTE: You can open any course you are teaching.
- Copy and paste the address of the Moodle screen in the first text box.
- Click Extract to automatically fill in the server domain information.
- In the "Description" text box, type a name for the server. In this example, we have used Moodle Server.
- In the "User name" text box, type your NinerNET user name.
- In the "Password" text box, type your NinerNET password.
- Click OK. The Publish Wizard dialog box is displayed.
Step 7: Select the Course and Other Actions
- Click Next. (not illustrated). The second screen of the Publish Wizard is displayed.
- In the "1. Choose Course to Publish to" drop-down list, select the course you want to import the quiz to.
- In the "2. Specify Question Category" area, choose to create a new category or use an existing category. In this example, we have used Create a new category.
- In the "3. Create or update assessment (optional)" area, choose to create a new quiz or add questions to an existing quiz. In this example, we have selected Create Quiz.
- In the "Section" drop-down list, select the topic or week you want to add the assessment to.
- If you have specified settings, select Apply Settings.
- If you have created random blocks, select Apply Random Blocks.
- Click Next. The quiz starts uploading and the third screen of the Publish Wizard dialog box is displayed.
Step 8: The Results Screen
- As the quiz is being uploaded, you will see a series of results. When the message "Completed successfully" is displayed, the quiz has been uploaded into your Moodle course(s).
- Click Finish to close the Publish Wizard.
- Open your Moodle course and preview the assessment (not illustrated).