VeriCite is plagiarism prevention system that makes it easy to identify students who submit unoriginal work. It acts as a powerful deterrent to stop plagiarism before it starts.
All work submitted to VeriCite is checked against three databases of content:
- a copy of the publicly accessible Internet,
- millions of published works,
- every student paper ever submitted to UNC Charlotte's repository.
Students can upload the following documents:
- Microsoft Word™ (DOC and DOCX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint™ (PPT and PPTX)
- Plain text (TXT)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- OpenOffice (ODF)
- Zip files (ZIP) to submit multiple files at once; limit is 100 files OR 100MB
NOTE: PDF documents must contain text to be submitted. PDF files containing only images of text will be rejected during the upload attempt.
- VeriCIte is integrated with Canvas.
- Students upload files via the Canvas interface.
- Instructors can easily grade in the SpeedGrader.
Suggested Syllabus Policy
Faculty are advised to review and consider instituting the suggested syllabus policy found at the University's Office of General Counsel website on Plagiarism Detection Services. As indicated, a student must provide written consent and permission using the VeriCite Consent Form before work can be submitted to VeriCite.com.
Quickstarts & User Guides