What is a student education record?
Contents of: What is a student education record?
- Personal information (other than Directory Information, defined later),
- Disability status,
- Academic standing,
- Social Security Number,
- Student ID numbers.
- Essentially any format that exists.
Contents of: What is NOT an education record?
- Law enforcement records,
- Employment records,
- Unless dependent on status as student,
- Professional records,
- Mental or Physical Health,
- Non-circulating faculty or staff records made for personal use,
- Peer-graded assignments BEFORE collected by instructor (NEW),
- Certain alumni records.
Contents of: When may education records be released to third parties?
- Directory information,
- Consent of student,
- Judicial order/subpoena,
- School officials with a legitimate educational interest,
- Parents under if student is dependant,
- Other circumstances.