Are you a current Moodle user who is making the leap to Canvas? In this workshop, we’ll show you how to rebuild your courses in Canvas using your migrated Moodle course content and materials. We will discuss your options for reformatting this content and which pieces may be more difficult to reuse.
You’ll also learn how to communicate with your students, set the Home Page, add content and resources, and set up assignments for all graded activities that report to the Gradebook.
In this workshop you'll be reformatting a Moodle course that's been imported into Canvas. All Summer 2015, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 Moodle courses have already been imported to Canvas. You just have to copy it as described below. If you want to use a course taught prior to Summer 2015 or a Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 Moodle course, you'll have to import a Moodle backup.
For this workshop, you MUST copy the Canvas course or import your Moodle backup into your Canvas Sandbox Course prior to attending. Note that there will not be time to import during the workshop. You MUST complete this step beforehand.
How to copy from a Canvas course
• How to copy a Canvas course into another Canvas course
• How to import content from another Canvas course
How to import from Moodle
• Video Guide - Backup a Moodle Course and Import into Canvas
• How do I backup my Moodle Course (UNC Charlotte FAQ)
• Step-by-step Guide on Importing from Moodle (Canvas Guide)
How to access Canvas
• URL: canvas.uncc.edu
• Use your NinerNET ID and password
• Not sure this is the workshop you need? See: Which Workshop is Right For Me?