This online, asynchronous, self-paced workshop covers how to use Canvas for your course materials. It includes topics like: the dashboard, uploading content, creating pages, organizing with modules, making a home page, discussions, assignments, navigation, and examples. It is helpful to both new faculty learning Canvas, and returning faculty who are seeking resources or a refresher.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Create or revise Canvas course content
- Utilize the learning management system’s features
- Describe various ways to obtain help with Canvas
- Utilize Canvas settings to create a user-friendly interface
- Communicate with students using Canvas tools
The workshop is self-paced and meant to be used both as an orientation and as a continuous support tool. Content in the workshop is primarily text-based with complementary images. Completion of the self-check activities are optional. From start to finish, the training should take no more than 2-3 hours to complete.