If the programs currently in place do not suit your department’s development goals, timeline, or faculty availability, consider discussing with Distance Education the implementation of a customized program utilizing CTL’s course development resources and instructional design expertise.
- Create or revise online/blended courses for programs that meets QM Rubric standards
- Submit the revised course to UNC Charlotte’s internal review system
- Submit course for official QM review after incorporating internal review feedback and teaching the course at least one time
A customized departmental development program is ideal for a department or cohort with a lot of faculty energy and some funding. Customized departmental programming is typically offered during the summer semester. It requires strong guidance and active leadership of the departmental sponsor, typically the department or program chair.
- Courses to be developed will be identified ahead of time by departmental sponsor
- Existing development skills with Canvas LMS
Participants will complete three to four group face to face or WebEx meetings to discuss project goals, instructional design frameworks, and available CTL resources. Face to face meetings with an instructional designer may be required, as well as an end of process showcase event. The expected time commitment will vary based on department goals.